In order to maintain a high level of competence and ensure data consistency throughout the European Statistical System, statisticians require continuous training in new methods, new techniques and best practices.
With a view to securing the full participation of EFTA statisticians in the European Statistical Training Programme (ESTP), the EFTA Secretariat committed itself through an exchange of letters with Eurostat to annually finance the organisation of at least two courses. These courses are given by EFTA National Statistical Institutes (NSI) and are open to statisticians from EFTA and EU Member States. In return, Eurostat ensures, and if necessary informs future contractors, that EFTA statisticians have the right to take all ESTP courses financed by Eurostat.
In 2024 the EFTA NSIs will conduct the following ESTP courses:
- Statistics Iceland:
- Tidying up official statistics with 'R' and GSBPM
- Statistics Norway:
- Developing mixed mode questionnaires for household surveys
- Introduction to statistics production with the use of geographical information systems (GIS)
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office
- Development and use of indicator systems for evidence-based decision making in the context of SDG monitoring and other areas
- Advanced methods for sample surveys
For detailed information on the programme and the current course catalogue, please visit the following link: European Statistical Training Programme