The biannual Seminar on the European Economic Area (EEA) will take place on 15 September 2022, in hybrid format. The Seminar will be held at the newly inaugurated premises of EFTA, the EFTA House on Avenue des Arts 19H in Brussels and will also be open to everybody through online streaming. You need to register (below) whether you will attend in-house or follow it online.
The Seminar is intended to provide professionals, both inside and outside the European Union, with a thorough understanding of the EEA Agreement, and how it integrates Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway into the EU's internal market.
Presentations will be given by the EFTA Secretariat, the European Commission, the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court, and the EEA & Norway Grants, on the day-to-day operation and management of the Agreement, including recent developments and challenges in the EEA.
The EEA Seminar is held twice a year, in September and February, with different topics according to current relevance.
See the final programme here.
You can find the recordings of the Seminar on EFTA’s You Tube channel.
The slideshows can be found here:
- Introduction to the EEA Agreement
- Functioning of the EEA Agreement and the Role of the Secretariat
- How EU law becomes EEA law
- EEA Publications and Information sources
- How EEA law is enforced
- How EEA & Norway Grants reduce disparities in the EEA
- EEA EFTA Comments – Decision Shaping
- EFTA Advisory bodies: Parliamentarians, social partners and local/regional representation in the EEA
- EFTA Statistical cooperation with Eurostat
Our hybrid privacy statement can be found here.