- The seminar will focus on how banking sector policy in the EEA EFTA
- States is affected by their full participation in the Internal Market in financial
- services but permanent exclusion from the single currency and the Banking Union.
Keynote speeches will be given by Mr Már Guðmundsson, Governor of the Central Bank of Iceland; Mr Tore Vamraak, State Secretary for Financial Services at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance; and Mr Mario Nava, Director for Financial System Surveillance and Crisis Management at the European Commission - DG FISMA.
A panel debate moderated by Ms Helga Jónsdóttir, College Member, EFTA Surveillance Authority, will follow with participation from the seminar speakers; Mr Carl Flock, Director of Legal Affairs at Finance Norway; and Mr Simon Tribelhorn, Director of the Liechtenstein Bankers Association.
The seminar will start at 10:00, with registration and coffee from 9:15. It will be followed by an informal lunch.
Online Registration (open until 23 September 2016)
- Today, at the @EUCouncil, Prime Ministers of 🇮🇸, 🇱🇮 & 🇳🇴 met with EU leaders 🇪🇺 to mark the 25th anniversary of the… https://t.co/LqBFFDx5eo — 1 day 9 hours ago
- The view from the round table discussion with 🇪🇺, 🇮🇸, 🇱🇮 & 🇳🇴@EUCouncil #EEA25years #EEA #EUCO #EuCouncilTVNews https://t.co/6W5t0Dt5tw — 1 day 11 hours ago
- RT @eucopresident: Today we celebrate 25th birthday of European Economic Area. A long-term partnership where all contribute and benefi… https://t.co/nwCTc40Pq9 — 1 day 11 hours ago