In 2020, EFTA will celebrate its 60th anniversary. EFTA will provide up to three grants for the purpose of researching EFTA’s history, economic impact and politics from 1960 to 2020 and beyond.
EFTA specifically seeks to support young researchers interested in EFTA’s history, economic impact and politics. Successful applicants will receive a grant to conduct and write studies on EFTA and to cover travel and research expenses. The applications and papers will be reviewed by a scientific committee, presented at EFTA’s 60th anniversary Conference and included in the respective publication.
This conference is a unique setting and opportunity for PhD students, post-docs and early career researchers to present their research related to the history and politics of the European Free Trade Association to an international audience.
Youssef Cassis, European University Institute
Dieter Schlenker, Historical Archives of the European Union
Henri Gétaz, European Free Trade Association
Eligibility and How to Apply
PhD students and early career researchers are invited to submit proposals covering the following areas within the timeframe of 1960 to 2020 and beyond:
- EFTA as a global player in trade, economics and international relations
- EFTA’s role in European Construction and Integration
- EFTA’s relations with other international organisations: e.g. OECD, OSCE, WTO
Papers may take a political science perspective, a legal perspective, a historical perspective, an economics perspective or a combination of all these and ideally include lessons learned for the future.
Applicants should submit an abstract of no more than 500 words and a short CV and a list of publications. The deadline for submissions is 10 September 2019. For complete details, please consult the full call for papers.
- We are Hiring! - Administrative Coordinator - EFTA Statistical Office Interested in EFTA’s cooperation with partne… https://t.co/kwctt9Qbp6 — 1 week 3 days ago
- Our anniversary call for papers is still on! If you are an early career researcher, interested in EFTA, don't forge… https://t.co/WRqduSQFel — 2 weeks 6 hours ago
- Job opportunity @ @EFTAsecretariat in #Brussels! Senior position in our #EEA Coordination division, resp. for major… https://t.co/2ZyIJ002of — 2 weeks 1 day ago