In 2020, EFTA will celebrate its 60th anniversary. EFTA will provide up to three grants for the purpose of researching EFTA’s history, economic impact and politics from 1960 to 2020 and beyond.
EFTA specifically seeks to support young researchers interested in EFTA’s history, economic impact and politics. Successful applicants will receive a grant to conduct and write studies on EFTA and to cover travel and research expenses. The applications and papers will be reviewed by a scientific committee, presented at EFTA’s 60th anniversary Conference and included in the respective publication.
This conference is a unique setting and opportunity for PhD students, post-docs and early career researchers to present their research related to the history and politics of the European Free Trade Association to an international audience.
Youssef Cassis, European University Institute
Dieter Schlenker, Historical Archives of the European Union
Henri Gétaz, European Free Trade Association
Eligibility and How to Apply
PhD students and early career researchers are invited to submit proposals covering the following areas within the timeframe of 1960 to 2020 and beyond:
- EFTA as a global player in trade, economics and international relations
- EFTA’s role in European Construction and Integration
- EFTA’s relations with other international organisations: e.g. OECD, OSCE, WTO
Papers may take a political science perspective, a legal perspective, a historical perspective, an economics perspective or a combination of all these and ideally include lessons learned for the future.
Applicants should submit an abstract of no more than 500 words and a short CV and a list of publications. The deadline for submissions was extended. The new deadline now is 20 September 2019.
For complete details, please consult the full call for papers.
- RT @eftasurv: The 2020 EEA Law Moot Court Problem is now published! Good luck to all competitors #ESAMootCourt More info:… https://t.co/3OfdSV19x2 — 1 day 2 hours ago
- RT @anectweet: It's here! The new ANEC Annual Review 2019. Look back with us on our successes in raising #standards for #consumers… https://t.co/VSyRTcSQiq — 1 week 1 day ago
- @nashtags @eftasurv @EEANorwayGrants @Cofinimmo @BenteAngellH @SwissmissionEU @MFA_LI @IcelandBrussels @NorwayEU Do… https://t.co/VYPETziw1V — 2 weeks 20 hours ago