For the ESO post, candidates are invited to apply via the international department of their national Statistical Office.
Purpose of the traineeships
The aim of the traineeships is to provide junior civil servants and other qualified applicants with opportunities for training and familiarization with the function of the EFTA Statistical Office and its work.
Field of work
The trainee will be assigned to specific tasks within the working filed of the Statistical Office, according to academic field of specialisation, personal preferences and career objectives.
The ESO trainee participates in the daily work of the office, and some of the main tasks of the trainee are to monitor the inclusion of EFTA data in Eurostat publications and to identify new EEA relevant legal acts in the field of statistics. S/He also supports the EFTA Secretariat and the EFTA States on various issues concerning statistics.
Please consult the EFTA Secretariat website for more information on the activities of the EFTA Statistical Office in Luxembourg (ESO).
The traineeship in the EFTA Statistical Office (ESO) in Luxembourg is reserved for employees of the EFTA national statistical authorities.
The following criteria are taken into account:
- University degree within law, economics, political science, international relations or other relevant and equivalent experience. Knowledge of standard office IT applications (Microsoft Office).
- Current occupation, experience and career objectives.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English; a good working knowledge of French is an advantage.
- An analytical mind with ability to draft good quality documents in English. A flexible and motivated team player and capable of taking on a wide variety of tasks, both complex and more basic.
- Geographical distribution and gender balance.
Trainees in ESO are assigned to the EFTA Statistical Office (ESO) at EUROSTAT in Luxembourg.
Traineeships at the EFTA Secretariat–ESO are open to nationals of the EFTA Member States (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland).
Trainees receive a flat monthly allowance (net of taxes) of EUR 1 510. Accommodation in individual flats will be provided by EFTA.