The seminar was hosted by the EFTA Statistical Office and took place at the Cultural Centre of the Neumünster Abbey.
The seminar participants received briefings on the history of EFTA and its role in the broader European integration process, the origins of the EEA and the relationship between EU and EEA law, EU-EFTA cooperation in the field of statistics and the role of the EFTA Surveillance Authority, the EFTA Court and the Financial Mechanism Office (FMO).
After the seminar, the participants were invited to a reception to mark the 25th anniversary of the EFTA Office in Luxembourg.
EFTA would like to thank all the speakers and participants for making the seminar a success!
- The EEA Agreement: background, developments and challenges - Dag Wernø Holter, Deputy Secretary-General, and Tore Grønningsæter, Head of Communication, EFTA Secretariat
- How EU law becomes EEA law - Dóra Sif Tynes, Head of Legal Services, EFTA Secretariat
- How EU and EFTA collaborate in the European Statistical System - Andrea Scheller, Director, EFTA Statistical Office
- How EEA and Norway Grants reduce disparities and strengthen cooperation in Europe - Geir Askvik Haugum, Programme Manager, EEA Grants and Norway Grants
- How EEA law is enforced - Sven Erik Svedman, President, EFTA Surveillance Authority (oral presentation only)
- How EEA law is interpreted - Gunnar Selvik, Registrar, EFTA Court
- @EU_Commission Did you notice our tweet on the #GDPR ? Now that it has entered into force in Iceland, Norway and Li… https://t.co/ucVd9piZCc — 1 day 23 hours ago
- The #GDPR has entered into force in #Iceland, #Liechtenstein & #Norway and is now applicable throughout the… https://t.co/XHnUdMA5G3 — 1 day 23 hours ago
- The @EU_Commission imposes provisional safeguard measures on imports of steel products, but: "Given the close econo… https://t.co/4gxQgL2Xk4 — 3 days 23 hours ago