On 1 July 2017, Liechtenstein took over the rotating Chair of the EFTA Standing Committee for the second-half of the year.
Liechtenstein’s Head of Mission to the EU, Ambassador Sabine Monauni, presented the three main priorities for the chairmanship for the second half of 2017:
- reducing the number of legal acts awaiting incorporation into the EEA Agreement, in particular in the field of Financial Services
- ensuring a smooth Brexit process
- strenghtening the knowledge of the EEA Agreement
Click here for the full work programme of the Liechtenstein Chair.
Pictures from the meetings can be found here
- @EU_Commission Did you notice our tweet on the #GDPR ? Now that it has entered into force in Iceland, Norway and Li… https://t.co/ucVd9piZCc — 18 hours 22 min ago
- The #GDPR has entered into force in #Iceland, #Liechtenstein & #Norway and is now applicable throughout the… https://t.co/XHnUdMA5G3 — 18 hours 41 min ago
- The @EU_Commission imposes provisional safeguard measures on imports of steel products, but: "Given the close econo… https://t.co/4gxQgL2Xk4 — 2 days 19 hours ago