The Political aim of the Workshop was to make a contribution to the free movement of safe products in Europe. There is a balance to be struck between free movement and the level of certification required.
The intention was not to agree on any “resolutions,” but to have an exchange of information and views. EFTA will produce a paper summing up the experiences and ideas emerging from our project on certification and marking, as EFTA sees it. In doing so EFTA has listened very carefully to what was said in the Workshop.
The workshop was a follow up on the EFTA Study on Certification and Marks in Europe. For further information on the study, click here.
For further information or comments, contact:
Tore Nyvold Thomassen
+32 2 286 17 53
- Bergdís Ellertsdóttir, EFTA - Introduction
- Chris Evans, Consultant - EFTA Study on Certification and Marks in Europe - Main findings
- Tore N. Thomassen, EFTA - Certification and Marking for Europe
- Per Christensen, TransElectro A/S - Presentation
- Adrian Harris, Orgalime - Challenges ahead for the marketing of safe products in the EU
- Adrian Harris, Orgalime - Speaking Notes
- Tania Vandenberghe, ANEC - Consumer needs and expectations with regard to safe products?
- Tania Vandenberghe, ANEC - Speaking Notes
- Paul Skehan, ERRT - Certification & Marking for Europe
- Loucas Gourtsoyannis, NORMAPME - Certification and marking in an SME perspective
- Loucas Gourtsoyannis, NORMAPME - NORMAPME ROLE IN STANDARDISATION
- Dr. Wilhelm Schubert, CEOC - Certification industry marking
- Graham Talbot, EA - “What is the role of accreditation in the context of free movement of safe products?”
- Jacques McMillan, DG ENTR C1 - Recipe for a Safe Product
- Christel Schaldemose, MEP - Speaking Notes
- Paul Coebergh van den Braak, Businesseurope - Manufacturers opinion on a European consumer safety mark
- Enda McDonnell, CEN Certification Board - The Keymark
- Mike Vint, EEPCA - Success Factors for a European Mark and The Benefits of an Expanded ENEC Mark
- Mike Vint, EEPCA - Speaking Notes
- Dr. Reidar Kuvås, Nemko - Certification and Marking for Europe
- Jacques Beslin, ISO CASCO - Presentation
- Jan Deconinck, PROSAFE- The Role of Market Surveillance
- @florianeder https://t.co/6CiH7Ce3XL — 17 hours 26 min ago
- Today, the #EFTA states - #Iceland, #Liechtenstein, #Norway & #Switzerland - signed a milestone free trade agreemen… https://t.co/ryNJL3Ejpk — 17 hours 28 min ago
- In #Jakarta today, the #EFTA states #Iceland, #Liechtenstein, #Norway & #Switzerland signed a free trade agreement… https://t.co/KDg95iwpho — 21 hours 56 sec ago