- The seminar will focus on how banking sector policy in the EEA EFTA
- States is affected by their full participation in the Internal Market in financial
- services but permanent exclusion from the single currency and the Banking Union.
Keynote speeches will be given by Mr Már Guðmundsson, Governor of the Central Bank of Iceland; Mr Tore Vamraak, State Secretary for Financial Services at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance; and Mr Mario Nava, Director for Financial System Surveillance and Crisis Management at the European Commission - DG FISMA.
A panel debate moderated by Ms Helga Jónsdóttir, College Member, EFTA Surveillance Authority, will follow with participation from the seminar speakers; Mr Carl Flock, Director of Legal Affairs at Finance Norway; and Mr Simon Tribelhorn, Director of the Liechtenstein Bankers Association.
The seminar will start at 10:00, with registration and coffee from 9:15. It will be followed by an informal lunch.
Online Registration (open until 23 September 2016)
- A student group from @UniBasel visited the EFTA Secretariat today to learn more about #EFTA and the #EEA agreement https://t.co/SeGp9py7Ey — 2 days 18 hours ago
- The 50th #EEA #Council will take place on Tuesday next week. On the agenda is #Brexit and the European Pillar of So… https://t.co/8EwEUY1UOh — 2 days 20 hours ago
- The #EFTA Subcommittee V on Legal and Institutional Matters met today in #Brussels. On the agenda were issues such… https://t.co/b0zWit77Bd — 3 days 16 hours ago