- The seminar will focus on how banking sector policy in the EEA EFTA
- States is affected by their full participation in the Internal Market in financial
- services but permanent exclusion from the single currency and the Banking Union.
Keynote speeches will be given by Mr Már Guðmundsson, Governor of the Central Bank of Iceland; Mr Tore Vamraak, State Secretary for Financial Services at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance; and Mr Mario Nava, Director for Financial System Surveillance and Crisis Management at the European Commission - DG FISMA.
A panel debate moderated by Ms Helga Jónsdóttir, College Member, EFTA Surveillance Authority, will follow with participation from the seminar speakers; Mr Carl Flock, Director of Legal Affairs at Finance Norway; and Mr Simon Tribelhorn, Director of the Liechtenstein Bankers Association.
The seminar will start at 10:00, with registration and coffee from 9:15. It will be followed by an informal lunch.
Online Registration (open until 23 September 2016)
- RT @IcelandMission: The #EEA Agreement is a living, breathing animal as seen in the number of #EU legal acts incorporated about 1x/mont… https://t.co/nEiuevCmE7 — 13 hours 15 min ago
- The Standing Committee of the #EFTA States and the #EEA Joint Committee met in #Brussels today. The Joint Committee… https://t.co/YoUIG0078e — 15 hours 50 min ago
- RT @IcelandMission: Great occasion to sign an amended MRA with #Australia this morning. Another important step in facilitating closer t… https://t.co/RUAWIJoz5H — 15 hours 59 min ago