- The seminar will focus on how banking sector policy in the EEA EFTA
- States is affected by their full participation in the Internal Market in financial
- services but permanent exclusion from the single currency and the Banking Union.
Keynote speeches will be given by Mr Már Guðmundsson, Governor of the Central Bank of Iceland; Mr Tore Vamraak, State Secretary for Financial Services at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance; and Mr Mario Nava, Director for Financial System Surveillance and Crisis Management at the European Commission - DG FISMA.
A panel debate moderated by Ms Helga Jónsdóttir, College Member, EFTA Surveillance Authority, will follow with participation from the seminar speakers; Mr Carl Flock, Director of Legal Affairs at Finance Norway; and Mr Simon Tribelhorn, Director of the Liechtenstein Bankers Association.
The seminar will start at 10:00, with registration and coffee from 9:15. It will be followed by an informal lunch.
Online Registration (open until 23 September 2016)
- @EU_Commission Did you notice our tweet on the #GDPR ? Now that it has entered into force in Iceland, Norway and Li… https://t.co/ucVd9piZCc — 1 day 23 hours ago
- The #GDPR has entered into force in #Iceland, #Liechtenstein & #Norway and is now applicable throughout the… https://t.co/XHnUdMA5G3 — 1 day 23 hours ago
- The @EU_Commission imposes provisional safeguard measures on imports of steel products, but: "Given the close econo… https://t.co/4gxQgL2Xk4 — 3 days 23 hours ago