- The seminar will focus on how banking sector policy in the EEA EFTA
- States is affected by their full participation in the Internal Market in financial
- services but permanent exclusion from the single currency and the Banking Union.
Keynote speeches will be given by Mr Már Guðmundsson, Governor of the Central Bank of Iceland; Mr Tore Vamraak, State Secretary for Financial Services at the Norwegian Ministry of Finance; and Mr Mario Nava, Director for Financial System Surveillance and Crisis Management at the European Commission - DG FISMA.
A panel debate moderated by Ms Helga Jónsdóttir, College Member, EFTA Surveillance Authority, will follow with participation from the seminar speakers; Mr Carl Flock, Director of Legal Affairs at Finance Norway; and Mr Simon Tribelhorn, Director of the Liechtenstein Bankers Association.
The seminar will start at 10:00, with registration and coffee from 9:15. It will be followed by an informal lunch.
Online Registration (open until 23 September 2016)
- Foreign Ministers of the #EEA #EFTA states, #EriksenSøreide, @GudlaugurThor, & Aurelia Frick, discussed #Brexit imp… https://t.co/caxtmDiSry — 1 day 22 hours ago
- https://t.co/4NV9G63PLf — 2 days 16 min ago
- Biannual #EEA Council starting @EUCouncil discussing #GDPR, #FinacialServices, #Brexit & more. @GudlaugurThor… https://t.co/0p4MwA0f7T — 2 days 1 hour ago